If you’re looking for information about Botox in Leeds, there’s a few points to be aware of.
Botox is a trademarked name for a specific botulinum toxin type A product, but other brands are available.
How does it work?
Botulinum toxin acts by blocking the chemical which transmits electrical impulses to cause muscle contractions. It’s usually injected into areas of the face to temporarily stop small muscles from moving as much which can have the effect of reducing fine lines and wrinkles. It is also used to treat certain medical conditions, including Hyperhidrosis, neuromuscular disorders and migraines.
Only suitably qualified health professionals should administer Botox in Leeds, and a full consultation should be carried out to assess whether this is the right treatment for you.
What is the Treatment Procedure?
A range of expressions will be cycled through a number of times to calculate the correct injection sites. These will be marked up before the medication is injected very precisely using a disposable micro needle. The number of injection sites are dependent on which areas are being treated.
How long does the treatment last?
The treatment will take around 15 minutes to be completed. The full effects of the treatment will be clearly visible in under 2 weeks of the treatment and the effects last around 3 months depending on skin condition, lifestyle and the area treated.
Who cannot receive the treatment?
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Anyone with a history of anaphylactic shock
- If laser treatment or chemical skin peels have been carried out 6 weeks prior
- The presence of implants close to the region to be injected
- Local infection at, or close to the injection site
What are the Potential Side Effects?
- Slight bruising or swelling to the injected area
- Some discomfort upon pressure at the injection site
- Potential discolouration at the injection site
- There is a very small risk of infection at the injection site.
- A rare side effect is drooping of the eyebrows or eyelids.
Botox should only be considered after consultation with suitably qualified medical professional, you can book a free consultation either in our luxurious flagship clinic in Huddersfield, Leeds, Harley Street in London or Birmingham.