Wrinkle Smoothing in Harley Street, LondonJuly 31, 2018
Wrinkle Smoothing at 1 Harley Street, London
This treatment relaxes the muscles which reduces the appearance of lines and wrinkles most commonly found:
Frown Lines (between the eyes and forehead)
Advanced wrinkle smoothing
How does it work?
Over time the continuous action of frowning or squinting will leave the overlying skin lined and creased. Botulinum Toxin (commonly referred to as Botox) is a purified protein that blocks the signals that the brain sends to the muscles. This prevents the muscles from contracting meaning that when your facial expression changes the overlying skin appears smoother and unwrinkled. Untreated muscles in the face work as normal allowing a normal range of expression.
What is the Treatment Procedure?
The medication is injected very precisely using a disposable micro needle. The numbers of injection sites are dependent on which areas are being treated.
How long does the treatment last?
The treatment will take around 15 minutes to be completed. The full effects of the treatment will be clearly visible in under 2 weeks of the treatment and the effects last around 3-4 months depending on skin condition, lifestyle and area treated.
Who cannot receive the treatment?
• If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
• Anyone with a history of anaphylactic shock
• If laser treatment or chemical skin peels have been carried out 6 weeks prior
• The presence of implants close to the region to be injected
• Local infection at or close to the injection site
What are the Potential Side Effects?
• Slight bruising or swelling to the injected area
• Some discomfort upon pressure at the injection site
• Potential discolouration at the injection site
• There is a very small risk of infection at the injection site.
• A rare side effect is drooping of the eyebrows or eyelids which can be corrected.
Wrinkle Smoothing costs from £200 per area at any clinic.